Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, when every facet of our county had to pivot into a new way of working and serving our community, Balanced You has led live trainings around burnout and resiliency. Burnout and compassion fatigue are conditions that can lead to long-term mental and physical health problems and can impact our work. While the COVID-19 emergency order has ended, the sense of burnout has not.
Now King County employees and teams can take the Burnout & Resiliency training online and on-demand through NEOGOV Learn at a time that works best for them. In this training participants will learn:
- What is burnout?
- What is compassion fatigue?
- How they affect the workplace
- Ways to recover
- Ways to build resiliency to prevent burnout
- Resources to support your mental health and well-being
After taking the online training, people managers can go on to take Part 2 that provides insights into how to develop team resiliency.
Part 2 of this training is tailored to people managers. Participants will learn:
- Strategies to support employees through burnout
- Ways to develop team resiliency
- Reversing and preventing employee burnout
- Policies and systems to prevent and recover from burnout
Enroll in the Burnout & Resiliency Training, Part 1 for all employees.
Enroll in the Burnout & Resiliency Training, Part 2 for people managers.
This training can be taken individually or as part of a facilitated team conversation. Reach out to BalancedYou@kingcounty.gov with any questions.