Open Enrollment is here and runs through Tuesday, Nov. 15. Choosing the right benefits is an important part of your overall health and well-being. There are many changes to next year’s benefits that affect nearly everyone, so take the time to learn about those changes and make the right choices for you and your family for 2023.
Top 5 benefit changes
- KingCare Select—the deductible will be cut in half for ATU and Regular benefit groups and the benefits access fee will be reduced to zero (from $75) for ATU. In addition, Virginia Mason Franciscan Health will be added as a 4th network option. Overall, member out-of-pocket costs will be even lower for KingCare Select than for KingCare PPO next year for all members.
- KingCare PPO—copays for non-preferred brand-name drugs and member coinsurance for out-of-network care is increasing for the ATU and Regular benefit groups. The benefit access fee is increasing to $125 per month for the Regular benefit group. Employees in the Deputy Sheriff benefit group will pay a new Plan Selection Fee of $100 per month for the PPO.
- New Dental Plan—the Cigna Dental HMO plan offers flat copays, no deductible or annual benefit maximums, and enhanced orthodontia to ATU and Regular benefit groups. Click here to read more about the new dental plan and see if it’s right for you.
- One-time Supplemental Life Insurance Opportunity—If you’re in the ATU or Regular employee benefits group, you may be able to increase your supplemental life insurance benefit, up to $750,000, even if you didn’t enroll when you were first hired.
- Health FSA—The annual contribution and carry over limits are increasing in 2023. This is a great way to save money for out-of-pocket costs and avoid paying income taxes on it.
Get all the details
Visit the Benefits Open Enrollment page for a detailed step-by-step on how to prepare for Open Enrollment. To see all of the changes for your employee benefit group, go to 2023 Benefit Changes.
Questions? Talk to the experts.
There are many opportunities to ask questions and learn more during Open Enrollment.
- Benefit & Retirement Fairs—representatives from all the medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans will be there!
- Online Open Enrollment Information Sessions
- Watch a video overview of Open Enrollment for 2023 Benefits
- Benefits, Payroll and Retirement Operations
Now open for walk-up service!
Chinook Building, 2nd Floor
401 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104
206-684-1556 or KC Benefits
9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
Closed on Veterans Day: Nov. 11.