Every other Wednesday, Balanced You hosts Coffee Connections, a chance to connect socially and meet new people across the county. On Wednesday, Sept. 1, the Coffee Connection theme was all about fall recipes. We got some great ideas and yummy recipes to share with everyone who couldn’t make the event.
Don’t miss next Coffee Connections on Wednesday, Sept. 15.
Coffee Connections: Fall must see tv
Is there a favorite show you’ve been anticipating coming back from summer break? Or a new show you plan to check out? Join us for another Coffee Connections to share your “must see tv” ideas with other County colleagues!
Wednesday, Sept. 15 | 12:30 – 1 p.m. | Register here
Check out these yummy recipes from our last Coffee Connections gathering
Southern Mac & Cheese
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 5 bags of grated cheese (cheddar, Colby, pepperjack, mozzarella, Beechers (optional)
- 1-1/2 cans of evaporated milk (can use lowfat milk)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup of water
- A few pinches of salt and pepper (I like using cayenne pepper for a little kick)
Mix ingredients and spread evenly with elbow macaroni. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Toward the end, remove the foil to let the cheese get a little brown for about 2 minutes. Enjoy!
Savory Sweet Potatoes
- Sliced sweet potatoes
- Sliced shallots
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Grated hard cheese like romano or parmesan
Combine all ingredients except for cheese together in a bowl. Arrange in baking dish like potatoes au gratin. Top with flaky salt and bake at 375 until soft. Top with cheese.
Links to more recipes shared:
- Thai-curry pumpkin soup
- Quinoa and Tabbouleh Salad
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (grain free)
- Quinoa stuffed tomatoes with pesto and goat cheese
- Fig Caramelized Onion Pizza
- Custard Mochi
If you have an idea for a Coffee Connections theme, email BalancedYou@kingcounty.gov.