It is normal to feel your mental health and emotional well-being are being challenged during these ongoing difficult and uncertain times. Balanced You is here to remind King County employees that there are resources available to support you. Below you will find a list of links to resources tailored for different audiences – such as BIPOC employees, employees facing layoff, and employees seeking recovery – as well as a general overview of mental health resources available to support all employees and their loved ones.
- Mental health resources for all employees: In this resource guide, you will find a list of County and community resources available to support employees and their family members. Sample resources include the County’s Making Life Easier program and the Washington 2-1-1 community support services directory. For additional information, check out the Balanced You blog post Mental Health Tips and Resources for Navigating Uncertain Times. For information on accessing mental health care via telehealth during the pandemic, click here.
- Emotional well-being resources for the Black community: In this blogpost, you will find a list of county and community resources developed for King County’s Black employees. Sample resources include community organizations that provide space for community development and collective healing.
- Mental health resources for BIPOC employees: In this resource guide, you will find an overview of county and community resources tailored for BIPOC employees. For an overview, please see the video below.
- Collective care tips and emotional well-being resources for the LatinX/Hispanic Community: In this resource guide, you will find an overview of County and community resources tailored specifically for the LatinX/Hispanic community. Sample resources include a directory of mental health therapists of color and information about King County’s LatinX Affinity Group.
- Mental health resources for employees involved in the COVID-19 response: On this webpage, you will find a tailored list of county resources specifically designed for employees working in the COVID-19 response. Sample resources include support groups and mindfulness classes.
- Financial and mental health resources for employees facing layoff: In this resource guide, you will find a tailored list of resources for employees facing lay-off. The guide includes resources that will be available to employees both before and after they leave the County. Sample resources include the County’s financial wellness plan for employees and community mental health services.
- Mental health resources for people in recovery: In this blog post, you will find a tailored list of County and community resources for individuals who are either in recovery or seeking recovery from substance use and addiction. Sample resources include virtual 12-step programs and recovery-based community organizations.
Questions? Contact BalancedYou@KingCounty.gov.