Spring into fitness with the revamped gym discount partners! Whether you’ve wanted to try a new class or you’re just getting started on your health/fitness journey, King County is here to support your health goals.
Employee Health & Well-Being is working hard to be more responsive to employees’ needs. We heard a lot about gym discounts during last year’s input process. Many employees liked that we offer the discounts, but would like to see deeper discounts and more variety in the types and locations of gyms and studios.
Here’s what we’ve done (so far!) to improve our offerings:
- Redesigned the gym discount webpage so that it’s easier to navigate
- Increased the number of gym discount partners
- Included more region-wide opportunities. We now have discounts available in East and South King County
- Added discounts for studios that offer yoga, indoor cycling, strength conditioning and more
- Worked with our gym discount partners to offer free trial passes at participating locations
Note: King County does not sponsor or subsidize gym and fitness facilities offerings. Our gym discount partners volunteer to offer a wide range of discounts to employees and their family members. Throughout the year, they may offer more competitive discounts than what we promote.
Did you know?
In addition to King County’s gym discounts, there are many wellness discounts available through health plans. For Kaiser Permanente (SmartCare Connect) members, further discounts are available through Global Fit. For Regence (KingCare℠ or KingCare Select) members, discounts are available through the CHP Active and Healthy Program.
Check out the revamped discounts today! We will continually work to improve this and other programs, based on employee input. Please contact us if you have recommendations or feedback. We look forward to hearing from you!