For the first time in more than 10 years, King County employees have a new medical plan option in 2018: KingCare Select. Employees who choose KingCare Select will choose one of four Accountable Health Networks (AHNs) in the Puget Sound region. An accountable health network is a group of health care professionals working as a team to provide affordable, high-quality health care.
The four Accountable Health Networks are:
- Eastside Health Network (EvergreenHealth Partners-Overlake)
- The Everett Clinic
- MultiCare Connected Care™
- UW Medicine
Same benefits as KingCare, lower costs
The KingCare Select plan offers the same benefits and services as the traditional KingCare plan, but with lower deductibles and out-of-pocket costs when using in-network providers. See the Regular or ATU employee Medical Plan Comparison Charts for details. In addition, if you choose KingCare Select during Open Enrollment, Nov. 1-15, you get a lower 2018 deductible ($200 waived for regular employees; $125 waived for ATU 587 employees).
What to expect from KingCare Select
- Each KingCare Select network offers access to high-quality primary care physicians, specialists, clinics, and hospitals. You must choose one network during Open Enrollment for everyone on your plan.
- Within your chosen network, you’ll have a team of doctors led by a primary care physician (PCP) that you choose. Each family member can have a different primary care provider within that network. Your PCP will help coordinate care among all your providers.
- KingCare Select networks are local by design. Providers are near you and each other. This is not only convenient but also makes coordination easier.
- Your team of doctors uses technology to stay connected. This means everyone who sees you will also see the bigger picture of your health and any gaps in your care.
What to consider before choosing a KingCare Select network
- If you have a preference for specific providers, facilities, services, etc. use the Find-a-Doctor search tool to make sure they are in-network. Use the following links to go to the provider search tool for each Accountable Health Network:
- If you want to continue seeing providers who are not part of your chosen KingCare Select network, you will pay significantly more for care.
- The four KingCare Select networks primarily cover King, Snohomish, and Pierce counties.
- Emergency care. Traveling? You’ll be covered for emergency care at the in-network level at any Regence-network emergency room.
Visit kingcounty.gov/open-enrollment for more information.
Note: At this time, the KingCare Select medical plan is not available to Deputy Sheriffs, Sheriff Captains, and TEA-Transit employees.