Since mother’s day is this coming Sunday, AND it’s bike month, it seems natural that we would put together a list of Mom’s favorite bike rides. Our focus is one of several items:
1. The ride itself.
2. The scenery.
3. Something mom’s would especially love along the way.
We would love for you to add to the list, so we are just considering this a starting point.
1. Lake Washington Blvd – especially on bicycle Sunday. You can ride for miles car-free. Check out the schedule here. Of course Mother’s Day is a Bicycle Sunday!
2. The Sammamish River trail – from Redmond to Woodinville. The bonus is Red Hook Brewery or one of the Wineries along the way or pack a picnic and enjoy one of the beautiful parks along the trail.
3. An all time favorite ride because it’s kid friendly, not too hilly, and the scenery is amazing. – Lopez Island. Make a weekend of it and stay at one of the quaint B&B’s and be sure to have dinner at Bay Cafe.
4. Skagit County. It’s fairly flat, very pretty, and offers bike routes galore. Check out this map of the area.
5. Spa-lishous. Ride the Burke Gilman fromBallard or Gas Works park to University Village. When you reach 25th take a right at head straight to Spa Scotta for your Mother’s Day Pampering. After your spa treats, finish off your day with new workout wear from Lucy or Lululemon and then top that with a healthy, yet delicious dinner at Blue C Sushi or Boom Noodle.
We can’t wait to hear (and post) your recommendations!