Do you have ideas on how King County can better support the well-being of you and your colleagues? In response to employee surveys and listening sessions, Balanced You, is developing two new well-being advisory committees: one for telecommuters and one for essential employees working onsite. Anyone interested is invited to apply.
Inspired by employees, Balanced You equips us to live healthy and safe, know and use our benefits, and find balance in life and work. We’re Investing in YOU to help you feel good, get the most out of life, and do your best work for the people of King County.
What you will do
The well-being advisory committees will shape the programs Balanced You offers employees during the pandemic and beyond. Participating employees will provide insight on strategic planning, let Balanced You know what’s affecting the health and well-being of you and your colleagues, assist with program evaluation, and help communicate Balanced You programs and messages to other employees.
- The Well-being Advisory Committee position is a two-year commitment.
- To begin, the group will meet monthly for an hour.
- Eventually, the group may decide to transition to quarterly meetings, and meet more frequently for short periods during special projects.
- Employees serving on the committee can do so during paid work time.
To apply, send a letter of interest stating why you would be good member of Balanced You’s Wellness Advisory Committees to BalancedYou@KingCounty.gov by January 30, 2021. Here are some prompt questions to consider when writing your letter of interest:
- Why would you be a good member of Balanced You’s Wellness Advisory Committee?
- Why are you committed to the well-being of your colleagues?
- How do you like to work in teams?
Be sure to include the name of your supervisor and whether you are a telecommuter or a frontline, onsite employee; if you do both, indicate where you work the most. For questions, contact Megan Jourdan at BalancedYou@KingCounty.gov or (206) 263-3562.