1. I LOVE the bike room. It is warm, dry and clean. There is ALWAYS a place to park my bike. I only have to walk about 20 steps from my bike to the locker room, and I can leave my towel, soap and shampoo near my bike parking area- which also makes the transition from my bike commute to work fast and easy. There is a place to hang my clothes to dry after a rainy ride, and there is a locker where I can store my shoes. The locker room is large and I have never, once, had to wait to take a shower.
2. I LOVE the fitness centers available to employees – for free! Last year I toured through some of the county workout facilities (there are many) from the bus bases, to the sewer treatment plants to the downtown buildings – they are available, open and convenient.
3. I LOVE my King Care health care. I was self employed for 7 years and had to purchase my own policies. During those years I was lucky nothing major happened to me or my husband, for if it had, we could have been financially ruined – easily.
4. I LOVE the making life easier program. Having this assistance available is comforting, because everyone needs help sometimes.
5. I LOVE having a stand up desk. One of my worries about working in an office was having to sit all day. I do work at a computer most days, and can do it without feeling uncomfortable sitting.
6. I LOVE getting a flu shot at work. I can’t believe it’s so easy.
7. I LOVE having paid sick time and vacation. What a LUXURY! I was self-employed for 7 years, so paid time off is truly a treat.
There are many more reasons than these. Please add your reason to this list!