First Responders and Essential Personnel are employees who report to work during an emergency. These employees are often under extreme stress as they adapt their work in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
To support these employees in managing stress and caring for their own-well-being, Balanced You has developed a Self-care Toolkit for First Responders and Essential Personnel. In this toolkit, which is designed to be printed or read electronically, you will find resources on:
- Physical health
- Burnout and secondary traumatic stress
- Mental health resources and stress reduction techniques
- Tips for integrating well-being into the workday
Download the toolkit here:
Please help us in distributing this toolkit via email and print to King County’s First Responders and Essential Personnel.
For more information, please see the following resources:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides fact sheets and tips on self-care for emergency responders.
- Balanced You, King County’s employee health and well-being team, is available to support you in brainstorming well-being for teams and individuals. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information, requests, or suggestions.
- King County’s benefits team is available to provide guidance in navigating your health insurance. Contact email@example.com for support.
- King County’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to help with workplace stress, coaching and consulting. For more information, call 206-263-8733, or email HRDEAP@kingcounty.gov.