2019 King County worksite flu shots for employees start next month! Brought to you by Balanced You and supported by employee volunteers, worksite flu shots are open to all King County employees. Many worksite options are open to benefits-covered family members, age 11 and above, as well — please confirm this with the coordinator at your worksite prior to participating.
What’s new this year? This fall, flu shots will be provided at 33 worksites around the region! We’ve made a few changes to the schedule based on employee feedback:
- Three new worksites have been added: Auburn Public Health, Issaquah District Court and Meeker Street Building.
- New event times are available at some of the transit bases.
- Late afternoon/evening times have been added at some sites.
Check out the King County 2019 Flu Shot Schedule and mark your calendars for the location most convenient for you. If you’re unable to take advantage of worksite flu shots, they are also available through your primary care physician and many local pharmacies.
Remember to come prepared:
- Bring your medical insurance card with you if you have it. If you don’t, come anyway. No one will be turned away!
- Flu shots are provided on a first-come, first-served basis at no cost to benefits-covered employees. Those without health benefits may self-pay for the vaccine (flu shots are $30 each).
- Wear short sleeves, a sleeveless shirt or clothing that bares your shoulder easily. This makes for speedy service and short lines!
- If you need a receipt or proof of vaccination, please tell the clerk when you check in.
- Flu shot coordinators will provide more information before your worksite’s scheduled date.
For more information regarding influenza, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Influenza resource page.
Have additional ideas or feedback to consider for future offerings? Contact Balanced You today!