There are amazing mental health resources at your fingertips as a King County employee, but it can be a little time-consuming to understand which one is the right choice for your situation. Balanced You encourages employees to utilize two free resources, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Making Life Easier (MLE).
EAP is a confidential counseling service for work-related issues. MLE offers eight free counseling appointments for non-work related issues, as well as providing certain legal services, financial coaching, researching childcare and eldercare resources, and much more.
This video explains the main differences between EAP and MLE:
Employee Assistance Program
- Counseling and coaching for work-related issues
- Conflict with coworkers
- Supervisor Support
- Counseling to help alleviate workplace stress
- For employees only
- Call 206-263-8733 to make an appointment. For more information email HRDEAP@kingcounty.gov.
Making Life Easier
- Eight free Mental Health Counseling sessions for non-work related issues
- Childcare and eldercare resources
- Legal Consultations
- Financial Coaching through MSA
- Live and on demand webinars like Moving Forward: Finding Clarity in Navigating Uncertainty Burnout
- For employees and anyone living in their household
- Access the program at www.kcmakinglifeeasier.com with user name: kingcounty or call 1-888-874-7290.
For more information on mental health resources, visit the Balanced You website for an overview of resources available from King County and from the community. For questions or more information, please contact BalancedYou@kingcounty.gov.